Family law is a particularly sensitive field. Family-related issues and emerging problems can affect not only adults, but minors too. In order to properly protect one’s own interests and the interests of others, it is important to know the legislation governing family law. Otherwise, improper procedures and decisions can have significant negative consequences. Therefore, if you intend to marry or divorce, enter into a marriage or divorce agreement, wish to claim alimony, establish or contest paternity, seek adoption or perform other actions related to family law, we suggest you contact us.
In the field of family legal relations, we provide the following services:
- we advise on the issues of marriage, its validity and divorce;
- we advise on the issues of property and non-property relations between spouses, determination of property regime, conclusion of pre-marriage and marriage contracts, civil liability of spouses under property obligations;
- we prepare draft pre-marriage and marriage contracts, we carry out legal assessment of existing contracts, if necessary, we propose possible changes;
- we advise and represent on the issues of child origin, the establishment of the contesting of paternity, property and non-property legal relations between children and parents;
- we advise on the determination of the place of residence of the child, the application for maintenance, determination of the procedure for communication with the child when one of the parents lives in Lithuania or abroad, the restriction of parental authority, the resolution of disputes about the child while living unmarried and other issues;
- we advise and represent clients on the issues of adoption, custody and social care of minors and adults;
- we prepare procedural documents and represent clients in courts of all instances in disputes concerning divorce, determination of the place of residence of the child, application for maintenance, determination of the procedure of communication with the child, establishment or contesting paternity, adoption, custody, and social care;
- we provide other services related to family law.